Monday, October 3, 2011
Fresh Challah French Toast
Saturday at work I experimented with a Challah dough & brought half home to continue my trial & error. I forgot to take a picture of the one I left at work for Sunday breakfast, but it was rolled with sugar, cinn., and raisins then allowed to rise in a 9inch round cake pan with an eggwash. I snipped the dough so the cinn & raisin goodness could pop thru the top. It looked & tasted amazing. A drizzle of fresh orange glaze put it over the top!
So....great for eating just like that, but now I needed something to make french toast with. Easy solution...I just baked it in a loaf pan instead and soaked it well in egg yumminess. Warmed maple syrup and a hot cup of java -- YUM!
The dough was sweet and very moist. Of course Grandma knows best - always golden raisins - they're much sweeter and plumper than regular raisins :) I'm sure she's very proud of me. Now I need to hit the pavement for some miles - I ate lots of french toast yesterday & today I'm looking forward to toasting it with some cream cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment