| Debbie, Birthday Boy Joe, and Lawanda |
At the end of September the neighborhood celebrated Joe's 94th Birthday!! He had an open house for a few hours so everyone could stop in and catch up with drinks & hors d'oeuvres. I made a Chocolate Red Wine cake with chocolate ganache frosting that was pretty delicious! It was nice to see everyone making time in their busy schedules to see him and spend some time together.
A few days later we had a monsoon of a rain which resulted in the most beautiful double rainbow! I'm still amazed at all the rainbows I've seen since moving down here - more than I've seen in my entire NY life. Does that just mean we have more rain???? :) Too bad the pictures we take don't do them justice. They really are incredible!!
I made Julia's Boeuf Bourguignon a while back --- very impressive and it smelled wonderful. Frank loved it...I have no idea, but even I thought it looked and smelled delicous -- Imagine that. Served it with buttered egg noodles & broccoli (I think)
Last but not least, I made Marge this cowl - which I must say I loved so much that I almost didn't send it to her LOL. I used Caron simply soft yarn. It feels so soft, machine wash and dry - gotta love it. I think I need one for myself. It gets cold down here, & this would be just warm and cozy enough to wear without getting me overheated. Gotta add it to the list of things to do. 

Guess I should mention the miserable fact that I threw my back out twice in the past month and actually had to go to the doctor since I could NOT move!!!!! I'm just finishing up a weeks worth of Prednisone UGH! Xrays showed everything was great as far as disc space, no pinched nerves, etc....just lots of inflammation and spasming. Light duty at work - means the guys have to carry the 50lb bags of flour upstairs for me for a while -- I'm liking that ;) Carrying them myself was all on me - it's great for the legs - but I definitely need to ease up for a while and get back to my old self - having an injury just stinks!!! Especially the lower back - as soon as you feel well and forget you had an injury, you do something as simple as grabbing the laundry from the hamper and you're suddenly almost stuck IN the hamper yourself. Painful AND smelly. Anyway, it's set me back in my training - in addition to the heat & having to run at the crack of dawn (I mean, let's all be honest,,,,we all know how I love getting up in the morning),,,,so I've made the wise decision to run only the Half Rock N' Roll. I'd rather have a great time at the half than try to complete the full without being properly trained. I'm looking forward to having an amazing run & being part of this huge day in Savannah!! -- Oh, did I mention the afternoon of Celebration & Partying in Forsythe Park :)
No comments:
Post a Comment