Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rock N Roll !!! Savannah sells out at 23,000 runners!!


I'll be one of them on Nov. 5th!!!! Pretty exciting! The race is closed out now. I can't believe in it's first year it'll bring in 23,000 runners from 50 states and 20 countries!!! Pretty impressive. I finally hit my double digit run - 10.5 this morning. I'm a bit behind in my training so I've really gotta get my ass in gear. Hopefully we'll start to see some cooler mornings now that September is right around the corner.

In anticipation of FALL, I borrowed my friend Joe's electric trimmer - that was fun - and yes I do have all my fingers and toes. The shrubs were completely out of control so I spent the better part of a day trimming and cleaning up in the front & back. Of course I had to stop & get my wildlife fix.
This little skink was too funny. He was hanging out in the Washington Palm & only his bright blue tail gave him away. He's super fast so I didn't stand a chance catching him, although I tried.
I've pulled up all the veggies in the garden leaving the herbs and the flowers for the butterflies & Hummingbirds. It looks pathetic now - but soon enough it'll be time for fall stuff so I'm going to enjoy a bit of down time now.

No comments: