Labor Day festivities & our first of many weddings. The summers are quiet due to the heat & summer vacations; many members off to their other homes where the weather may be a bit cooler than our hot Savannah heat. Now that September & football (GO DAWGS!!!!) are gearing up, so are we. I've been doing bread everyday at breakfast and making most of the desserts for dinner. I love it!! The hardest thing for me is deciding what to bake -
but that kind of pressure is fine by me. Since I love baking & our Sous Chef Shaun has been doing the baking by default, it's working out well - now Shaun can spend time doing what he loves, & I can do what I love :)
I remembered to take some photos of the desserts I made this week. (My phone doesn't take the greatest photos - sorry.) Our bride wanted mini pies with peach n blueberry, strawberry/blackberry, and pecan.
I made little empanadas and mini pecan pie tartlets. She also wanted ice cream sandwiches so I made over 250 mini chocolate chip cookies & filled them with vanilla ice cream. I think they were the biggest hit of the wedding.This is a loaf of walnut wheat bread I made at work but baked off at home. Nothing like fresh bread with dinner - or whenever for that matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment