
Finally a vacation! Frank & I haven't taken a vacation since 2007!! Insane! It was always something...either too much work, not enough work, starting a new job, just always an excuse. We finally got away with family & friends to the Outer Banks. The weather was perfect.

Frank & Kevin went fishing one day & brought home lots of fresh tuna and mahi mahi which kept us fed for a couple of nights and provided leftovers for the trip home. I marinated the tuna in my homemade vinegarette and the guys grilled it. We did the mahi in the oven in foil - just a drizzle of olive oil, white wine, squeeze of citrus, sliced red onion and chopped fresh tomatoes from my garden, s&p. DELISH!!
I brought the last 2 jars of my blueberry preserves with me - they were a big hit - along with the blueberry muffins - so this afternoon or tomorrow I'll be doing more preserves! Max loved them so I'll have to ship some up to NY :)
Kevin & I climbed Hatteras Lighthouse, but that was about the only touristy thing we did.
Lila & Uncle Frankie
Alexis pointing up at the lighthouse.
The rest of our time was spent hanging on the beach, in the pool, playing cards & dominos. Just what we all needed. The girls were so much fun. They love the beach and the water. I can't wait for Elizabeth to post some of her pix cause I was too busy playing to take many.

Ginger was so good with the girls. They could poke her in the eye, play with her ears, pick up her paws while she was trying to sleep and she'd just watch them & occasionally slap a wet dog tongue across their faces.
I managed to finish East of Eden and read the first 2 Sookie books on vaca. Taking a break from Vampires and shape shifters now - I'm reading Julia Child's
My Life in France. I love it! Why didn't I read this sooner???
Now that we're home it's back to the reality of work, the lawn, the overgrown garden and the incredible heat!! No complains though. As much as I loved getting away from it all for a while, it's always wonderful coming back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment