
It's actually only about 95 today. Cooler than the recent 3 digit temperatures we've been having! Thank God for the occasional evening thunderstorms. The garden is still hanging in there despite the brutal heat, but my beans have seen better days.


I pulled out the snap & snow peas since they are the first to peter out when the heat kicks in, but that left room for my basil, cucumbers and eggplant to take off. We've been picking cherry & grape tomatoes everyday and I have plenty of PESTO!!!! Love it! Since it freezes well I make it fresh in the summer and I have it all winter.

The ponds have been blooming with beautiful yellow and pink water lilies.
This year the Mockingbirds have nested in the Tea Olive in the backyard rather than the holly.

I'm happy about that because I can watch them. I was taking pictures for a while, but they are WAY too protective now. All I can do now is take a little peek before I have to get outa there. This morning one of them swooped in on me from nowhere. I don't want to get mom & dad in a tizzy, so I try to keep my peeking to a minimum. There are 4 of them jammed in that nest & they won't fit in another day or two so we'll have to be careful letting Ginger out - baby birdies are NOT play things!!!
These are the Astilbes I brought from Center Moriches! I wasn't sure they'd survive the heat down here, but they're obviously very happy hiding out between the camillias & tea olives where they get some shade.

Last week Frank took a day off to take me to St Catherine's Island. It was beautiful and we had the place to ourselves! We watched the dolphins & I spent entirely too much time trying to get some good shots of those crazy sand crabs! I think it was worth it :)


running for cover!!! or should I say crawling for cover - and they were fast! 
I still see you !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment