Friday, January 21, 2011

Mission Organization

Tuesday afternoon I spent hours organizing my stash - I know it sounds ridiculous, but I knew I'd get motivated & inspired to finish some of my projects & start the ones I've been putting off for too long. I dumped all my yarns out and separated them by weight. It felt great, but I think I may have a little yarn problem! I think I may be a yarn hoarder!!! It's not all my fault though - I mean, I didn't buy all of it. I've had a lot of it given to me over the years, but I must admit that if I come across a really soft yummy yarn or a great bargain, I just have to have it! I mean, if I don't get it, I'll find something to make and wish I bought that yarn! It's a real problem sometimes.
I managed to fit most of my stuff into the bins & plastic drawers I have - I just need another medium sized bin for some extra stuff I found after I thought I had everything.....(hmmmm...possibly another sign that I may have a problem)



I did lots of little projects for Elizabeth and the girls cuz it's VERY cold up in NY!!!!! I made a couple of cowls for Elizabeth. They're so quick and easy - also, not as bulky as a scarf but able to keep the head and neck warm which is imperative considering the winter weather this year. Lila & Alexis love wearing mittens but aren't quite grasping the thumb concept, so I made them thumbless mittens :) Elizabeth says they'll sit on the couch and just put them on & take them off over and over again.....too cute! At least it keeps them outa trouble for a bit.

I loved this cowl. I made it from Lion Brand Hometown USA. It's really warm and soft! (and yes,,,I desperately needed a new hairdo)
Yay! Mittens!
I'm really happy with the girls ponchos! Homespun is so soft and fluffy! I can't wait to see Lexi & Lila wearing them when I go up for their birthday. Tonite I'll finish the trim work on Lila's - I'm thinking Alexis will wear the blue and Lila the pink/purple, but you never know.
Well, that's all for now....gotta finish my poncho.

No comments: