Saturday, May 1, 2010

Community garage sale day

Today we're having a community garage sale - I'm actually getting rid of some of my quilting stuff, books, just junk that's been piling up.  We put some stuff on craig's list too cause it's just not coming back in the house. 
This past Thursday our friend Joe came over for dinner.  It was such a great time.  He reminds me of Poopa.  We walked around the yard and he checked out all my flowers and the garden.  He loved the raised beds Frank built for me so guess what he'll be doing when he has some free time.  I'll be sharing some of my perennials with him too :) Frank ended up doing all the grilling and cooking while Joe and I were walking thru the yard.  He grilled a marinated flank steak, roasted asparagus and did the baked potatoes - then had to call us in when it was all ready - we'd have spent hours talking gardening :)  I'm hoping to finish up some planting today.  Giving the sale a bit more time then I'm hitting the garden. I still have to do my planters for the front porch and get some annuals in. Maybe I'll get some time to finish reading 1st to Die by James Patterson.  Started a couple weekends ago while sitting in the yard & got almost halfway thru it - but haven't picked it up since.  I have to finish it this weekend before I forget what it's about!!!!  
 

No comments: