Me, Renee and Julie (our party planner) 
We had our first Luau at the community pool a couple weekends ago. It was nice to see everyone and catch up. Jason will be heading back to Iraq in a couple of weeks which is going to really stink so I'm glad he & Amy spent some time with us that afternoon.
In other news, I've been chasing wildlife around the yard as usual....lots of butterflies & bees around lately. The garden is coming along really well. We've been picking green beans, sugar snap & snow peas & I've been doing some yummy stir fries with shrimp & chicken. I can't wait til the tomatoes start turning red. We've got tons of them, but all green. I planted yellow pear, cherry, grape and roma tomatoes :) In the bad bed we have zuccs, cucumber, butternut squash, yellow squash & room for okra - for when it gets really hot. Okra loves the heat of summer and by then the cayenne pepper plants will be loaded & I can pickle my okra again. YUM. Who'd have thought I'd like pickled okra and boiled peanuts :)


No comments:
Post a Comment