Sunday, October 25, 2009

Biketoberfest was a blast!!!


the view from our balcony on the rainy, overcast afternoon we got to Daytona.

Frank & I had a great time in Daytona last weekend. We had a great room with a balcony overlooking the pool & the ocean. They upgraded us to a room with a kitchen in it too which was nice. We got caught in some rain on the way down - we were only about 30 minutes away and it just POURED!!!! We couldn't even see where we were going but luckily came upon a bar/restaurant where we waited it out. Typical of GA/FLA weather it blew out in 10 minutes - but we were pretty soggy. All part of the adventure though. When we checked into our room we hung clothes all over the place - it looked like a bomb hit it within minutes LOL.The beach was beautiful & of course I packed running gear - I knew I'd have to run the beach in the mornings. We were 3 miles from the main pier so I had the perfect out & back run. Frank occupied himself taking pictures and letting the birds keep him company.

This is a shot looking towards the pier from our hotel. Funny, when you're running, it looks like you're almost there.....only you aren't. Yeah, it's like a little joke - like that dream where you're running but not getting anywhere...and don't tell me I'm the only one who's had that dream.




























View of the Ponce de Leon Inlet from the top of the Lighthouse.

This guys bike looks just like his parrot! some of the vendors & bikes at the Speedway.

No comments: