Frank & I were supposed to go fishing offshore today, but at 3am weather didn't sound promising for the day. Right now the sky it blue is little white/grey clouds -- almost looks like we should have taken the chance,,,but I'll let you know in a few hours. Yesterday we went out on a bike ride and cut it short because of the weather. It's a little easier to turn the bikes around after a ride into town than to head back in on the boat when you're 3 hours out tuna fishing. Tuna steaks on the barbie would have been awesome, but not a thunderstorm on the ocean.
Last nite we had oysters & low country boil with our friends. It was delish. Rich steamed the oysters open on a huge wood burning fire pit, and he's got a pot for low country boil that I could almost bathe the dog in. Next time I have to remember the s'mores!!!! I only had marshmallows and that's just not the same.
This week is a short week at work. I surprised Frank with a trip to Biketoberfest. We have a hotel with a balcony on the beach and we'll be riding down on the bikes. My first real road trip. I'm super excited, but a little nervous about riding around with all those bikes around. I have visions of me bumping into a bike and having a row of them go down like dominos!!!! 2 girls from work are going with their husbands & they're hooking up with another couple in Jax. None of the girls ride though, so I'll be the only one on my own bike. :)
I can't wait. Yesterday's trip which was cut short due to weather was a trip to get a bag for my sissy bar so I wouldn't have to bungy a bag behind me. Still on the 'to-do' list.
No comments:
Post a Comment