Since this weekend is fast approaching I thought I'd better catch up on last weekends activities. We went fishing on Saturday since it was a perfect day - far too nice to stick around for the neighborhood garage sale. In a covenant community you can't have a garage sale whenever you want - it must be coordinated by the HOA for the whole community. We had lots of junk to try to get rid of, but not when it's perfect weather & the fish are calling. It was only Frank & I which was great - except that left me to park the trailer when he got the boat in the water AND back it out of the parking space when we came back and back it down the ramp for him. YIKES. Don't you know when we came back someone had parked pretty close to me and kinda jammed me into my space, so I had my work cut out for me to get the trailer out without taking out someone else's trailer - or hitting a tree or another truck!! I don't know how I did it - but I did!!! I was so damn impressed with myself that I wasn't even nervous about backing it down the ramp - figured if I got it out of the parking predicament I could back it down the ramp with no problem. The old man who lives in the house next to the ramp even watched me back out & said I did a great job :) and I should never let anyone tell me that a woman can't drive a trailer. hahahahhahaha And we had fresh sea bass for dinner too!!!! I practiced throwing Frank's cast net too caught live Pogies for bait. THAT was fun, but my shoulders were killing me - what a workout. Caught enough to keep us busy all day.
On Sunday we hung around the house. Lots of weeding - spent all day working in the garden with the veggies - & cooling off in the pool. I released my first Swallowtail butterfly too. I'll post some pictures when I get a nice shot of a release - by the time I called Frank for the camera my butterfly had flown off my hand into the wind. Even though we missed the shot I was happy to see it fly off in search of friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment