Saturday, July 18, 2009

The 4th of July !! Happy Birthday Eli!


First of all,,,,,,,,Happy Birthday Eli!!!!



Dale, Nicole, Tristan, Scott & Renee

Now,,,I'm finally making time to post some of my photos of the past few weeks. I don't know where time has gone! Our party was excellent!! We had more fireworks than the Tybee show. Frank & Rich went all out & had a blast putting on our show. The next morning we cleaned up for close to 2 hrs. It was worth it though...most of the neighborhood was at our place or watching the show from their porches.

My friend Renee

Renee's boys - Brendon & Evan - were in the pool ALL day!!! I don't know how they had any skin left.
Joe & Evelyn were at the party all day too. Joe is such a hoot. He mows his lawn every week on his ride on mower, and drives all over the place. They live around the corner from us next to Rich & have become our adopted Grandparents. When Ginger & I walk around the block we stop to chat with Joe quite often. A couple weeks ago we went in for a glass of wine & a knuckle bone. Almost and hour had passed before we knew it. Ginger loves them and they are total dog lovers, so she always gets treats from Mr Joe.

Even Elliot made a guest appearance at the party. Tina loved him, but her fiance Billy thought he'd make a great pair of boots!!!!

There are more photos on my Facebook page so please check them out.

In other news, the garden is doing really well. We've been eating tons of zucc, eggplant & tomatoes. Already made lots of pesto with my basil & have been having appys of tomatoes & mozz with fresh basil of course...YUM!! lots of jalapenos & habaneros. The bells are growing but not ready yet. Of course there is okra for pickling - and plenty of cayenne & kung pao peppers.
I've even got butternut squash and watermelon. The cucumber patch is almost finished though which is very sad. I think it may be too hot to start more seeds right now, but since I have them I may try anyway. They aren't completely finished but they've slowed down considerably.
All my parsley and dill have been eaten by caterpillars -- GOOD ONES - Swallowtail butterflies. I had to go to the store to buy more parsley for them -- they're eating & pooping machines. I have tons of Milkweed growing too and its flowering like crazy. I can't wait for the Monarchs to come - I loved raising them and now I have a tag kit from Monarch Watch so they can record their migration. If you're interested in creating a Monarch waystation in your yard or just reading about them, check out http://monarchwatch.org
I'll post some photos of my Swallowtail cats & their progress in 10-14 days :)

No comments: