Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yesterday morning I was able to get my butt outa bed early for a nice long run thru Fort McAllister. Lots of wildlife when it's early & not quite blazing hot. (that came later in the day) As you run down the road leading to the campgrounds & boat ramp, the marsh is on both sides of the road & makes for a pretty run. Lots of birds & wildlife - a doe even ran across the street a bit in front of me. After an hour & 10 minutes the weather was warming up & I was looking forward to a jump in the pool. My run was awesome and I felt great after the first 15 mins. Why is that?? After all this time, I still struggle at the start of my runs UGH!!! I felt great 45 minutes into it... just gotta get thru the first couple of miles. Oh well.

Frank & I did some weed patrol for a while - and by 2 called it quits to just kick back & enjoy the rest of the day. I'm reading Twilight & can hardly put it down! I started it yesteray afternoon but I'm sure I'll be finished with it today. We got a new umbrella which Ginger loves. She loves her mommy too, and obviously can't get close enough to her. I had to move the other chair over cause she had squeezed her body between the 2 of them to get next to me. She also popped the green beach ball, and the other raft needs a patch because of the Agave. Those suckers are sharp!!!
Ginger came swimming with us again yesterday. LOVES the pool! She needs to be watched at all times now cause she'll jump in on her own to cool off.

Check out Frank Sardone's Thresher!! Nice fish. Landed him 3rd place in the Great Gun Anglers Tourn. yesterday. Makes me really miss fighting big fish.

No comments: