Ginger has finally learned that IN the pool is the only place to be on a hot Georgia afternoon. Needless to say, we've created a monster! We can't keep her out of the pool now. She just jumps in whenever she gets hot..its hysterical. If her Harley ball is in the pool forget it... she'll play with herself all afternoon!! Here's a bit of video for your viewing entertainment.
Rich playing Harley ball with Ginger
I'm sitting under the umbrella typing now (believe it or not even I need the shade down here!!) and she's been in twice already. Just jumps in at the steps, swims in a big circle, then back out. Of course she comes over to us and THEN shakes, but I guess it's refreshing in a wet doghair kinda way.
I guess we have our friend Rich to thank (or NOT depending on how you look at it) for Ginger's new-found fondness of swimming. He & his wife Gail came over last weekend & Rich and Ginger swam all afternoon. That was the beginning of the end.
In other news, the garden is doing okay. We've had lots of baby tomatoes & pounds of green beans. The cucumbers are insane now. The trellis we had them on broke in a recent rain storm, but that hasn't stopped them from growing like crazy. I've had to spray a bit to keep the leave hoppers under control :( Hate to do that, but last year I didn't have any Monarchs cause the aphids ate all my Milkweed and I won't have it this year. A few of the tomato plants didn't do well - think they got wilt or something...but we've still got plenty, and I've already made fresh basil pesto. YUM.
No comments:
Post a Comment