Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ginger's Memorial Day Swim

Too bad we didn't take photos...but Ginger had a great time in the pool. She finally jumped in - well, we kinda tricked her into thinking she was coming to my rescue. Dale was in the pool too & he splashed at me & I called Ginger to come "help me" and to "Git him Ginger!!!!" and she was between us in a second! Then she proceeded to 'rescue' me by dogpattling at me until she almost drown me --- got me in the face with the paw too so I have a nice rescue scratch. She came to her mommy's rescue though..that's all that matters.

I know I'm really slackin' with the pictures, but it's been a crazy week with all the rain, & the holiday weekend being almost a washout. We had rain Saturday, and some of Sunday, but the sun finally came out on Monday and I went for a 6 1/2 mile run. It felt great !!!! I really needed that. I've been running on the treadmill and weight training and it just sucks trying to keep things interesting on the treadmill. I don't mind doing fun & challenging speed and tempo runs (like once a week) but if I'm on the treadmill when I'm not in the mood - just cause I have to do some cardio...it's grueling!!!!!!! I try to tell myself it's good for my self discipline, but that only keeps me going for a while. The other downside for my running is that while I love getting outa work at 2 and having the whole afternoon ahead of me, its been 85degrees --- not a pleasant 6 mile run at that point...guess I just miss starting my day off with an early morning run. RH Roadies has been trying to get the group out for runs of various distances & days of the week; hopefully that'll work out for me and I'll hook up with some other runners/friends.
Tomorrow I'm off to see Elizabeth and the girls!!! I can't wait to see them again. OMG I know they got so big!! Frank's already got fishing plans with the guys. Weather should be great and I've got James Beard's mac & cheese made for him. Hopefully I'll come home to some fresh Tuna & Mahi!!!! Next post will be chock full of pics no doubt. :)

No comments: