This weekend was spent at home by the pool instead of the beach. Friday nite Shannon & Brian, Gale & Rich came by and hung out for a bit. Frank & Rich shot some pool til about 1am.. Saturday I got up bright & early and hit the yard for some work in the garden. I'm picking green beans, snap and snow peas daily now and the tomatoes all have flowers YAY!!! Can't wait for homegrown tomatoes. We've got a huge cucumber patch this year since Frank loves his kerbies and they did so well last year.
This is Mother Nature's version of a pumpkin patch. We threw a couple of pumpkins here in the fall & they seem to be happy. It's in the back of the yard behind the trailer. Last year some cucumber seeds ended up back there and did very well too. I decided I'd plant some butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash there too,,,but we got a huge rain and now I don't know what's what. Guess it doesn't matter. I'll find out later. It needs thinning out desperately.
I love this cactus that's growing in the strawberry patch. We found a little piece of this in the yard when we first moved into the house & it's been moved all over the yard as I made gardens. It found its most recent home in the raised bed Frank made for me last year. I think it's quite happy & I just love it.
The Gardenia are gorgeous this year and they smell even better.
This is a little $4 rose I bought in Walmart. I've never had luck with roses, but thought I'd give a couple of climbers a shot in the back. We planted 2 of them to see what happens. It figures, I bought them with the attitude that they'd probably die on me so I was buying cheap ones...and they are both full of flowers. If I'd have spent a fortune on them & really given some thought as to where to plant them so they'd grow best they would have died.
No comments:
Post a Comment