Friday, February 20, 2009

It's the Flu !!!!

I've spent the last 4 days in my recliner self medicating since coming back from NY. Something nasty camped out in my chest and it turned out to be FLU B. I was thinking something like bronchitis since I didn't have the fever & aches and pains normally associated with the flu. Who knew? Now I have a very expensive cough medicine that's supposed to have codeine in it...I don't think so!!! I wouldn't be able to type this if that was the case..so Frank just gave me more. We both want to kill the idiot doctor. Not only did my insurance NOT pay for any of it,,but I didn't even get any good stuff! If I gotta pay $70 for it, I want the good stuff!!!! I better at least feel better quickly.
I made a big pot of Grandma's chicken soup yesterday which was excellent - but didn't cure me. That's when I knew it was time for a trip to the Dr's office. If Grandma's chicken soup & an afternoon with Jane Austen didn't help it was time for serious meds.