Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back in business

I restored my photos!!! YAY!  Somehow I deleted a very important folder - kinda got a bit happy with the delete button.  Thank God for my external hard drive - that's all I'll be saying on the matter.
At work I've been baking some great desserts.  I made a lemon tart with fresh berries yesterday and last week made a ton of pastry cream & mille feuille for napoleons. They were just beautiful! 
I was thinking back to last year at this time. I think I'm going to go thru my resolutions & see just how many of them I stuck with.  This year I may have to post them somewhere I see them on a daily basis so I can make more of an effort at working on them.  They need to be in my face! In fact, as I'm blogging right now I have a Patricia Cornwell novel on the table next to me that I've wanted to read since this time LAST year!!! AND a book on cd I wanna listen to.  There just isn't enough time in the day - and if I read before bed I can't get thru a page without falling asleep. (I do get a good nights sleep though so it's not all bad). Elizabeth has me motivated to read Scarpetta again since there are 2 more after this - both of which she's read!! --- and she has a full time job AND twins! Now if she can make time for herself so can I - right?!  I also need to get serious about my running & working out again.  I've been in a rut lately - I could listen to a book on my iPod while I'm running and kill 2 birds with one stone! I ran twice last week at work.  The property is just beautiful, so at least I've started doing something again.  Well, off for a dog walk with muttface - then possibly some me time before starting dinner.

No comments: