I can't believe it's here already! I'm ready, and psyched. Doing the half - not the full. It was just really difficult to train in the heat, and having a back injury for a bit. Anyway, it's all good. I'm going to enjoy myself. There are lots of girls I know running so we'll have a great after run party in Forsythe Park when it's over. My friend Diane is still running the full - she thinks. She's already tried to talk me into doing the full, but there's a HUGE difference between 13 and 26 miles & I don't wanna feel like poop. I'd rather run 13 and have a great run! Tomorrow I'll do a nice easy 3 or 4 miles, then just rest til the race on Saturday. Friday after work Diane & I are hitting the Health & Fitness Expo downtown to get our numbers and fun stuff, then hopefully a good nite's sleep - or whatever I can get til I get up at 4am. We've gotta take a shuttle from the mall into downtown. I don't know where they are gonna put 23K runners, plus volunteers and spectators, AND bands!!!! Not my problem - I know the road will be cleared for me - then it's into the park for the party!!!! Woooo hooooo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment