Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!


 preparation the night before
Well, so much for getting right back to my blog to chat about the marathon LOL.  Better late than never though.  It was lots of fun - the weather was perfect by the end of the race (froze my butt off in the starting coral) and the spectators were amazing!! People were on their front lawns & all over the route with signs supporting us along with the bands & cheerleaders from just about every school & club in Savannah.
Diane & I in front of Forsythe Fountain sporting our Medals


A few days after the marathon Ginger & I went to JF Gregory park for a nice run.  We did the loop together with no music, no Garmin, no electronics what-so-ever & it was the best!! Just us and mother nature.  She made it almost all the way around the 3 miles - just stopped briefly to terrorize a squirrel for a bit. I was pretty amazed at how nicely she ran next to me - VERY different from the last time I tried running with her. I'm hoping we can run the See Spot Run 5K in March.  That's where we met for the first time what,,,,3 years ago?? Yeah, she'll be 4 this Thanksgiving :) That would be a nice way to celebrate our anniversary.
 She was pretty pooped after our run, but not too tired to chase the rope in the park. The kids in the playground wouldn't take their eyes off her - maybe they were just glad they were on the other side of the fence. 
By the time we got home the Jeep was in serious need of a cleaning.  Just a bit of dog slobber on the dash,,,and the windows, and the console, oh and the back seat - but all worth it. She LOVED her play date with mommy.

Later on that afternoon she decided to thank me for the run by actually coming in the hammock with me!! THAT was a shocker - but she did it,,,even laid down next to,,,well, on me - just long enough for a picture then she was done with the hammock scene.
I made Frank's mom's Manicotti a couple of weeks ago - so delicious I had to take pictures of it!! I found out it freezes very well too, so we may even have some on Thanksgiving.  Speaking of which, I have my turkey brining in the refrig. for Thursday.  I'll be working breakfast ONLY!!! YAY!! Unlike last year when I worked all darn day & didn't have Thanksgiving until after thanksgiving, I'll be cooking this year for us & our friends.  I'm never working through a holiday again!! SOOOO looking forward to the smell of the turkey & stuffing cooking, watching football and I may even have a piece of cheesecake - well, maybe just a bite.  My cream cheese should be softened now, so I'm off to make Grandma's cheesecake and bake off Aunt Mickey's Viennese Crescents.  YUMMMMY

No comments: