Saturday, September 4, 2010

Started Labor Day Weekend with 10 !

- 10 miles of running that is. I ran through JFG park, thru town, and back thru the park again. The weather was perfect and I felt amazingly relaxed & energetic by mile 6. I still greatly dislike my first 3 miles, but I have to get thru them to get into my zone which awaits me at around mile 6. Running right into my zone would make things much more enjoyable, but then where's the challenge in that?
The park was the place to be this morning if you were a runner - I've never seen so many runners when there wasn't a race. Talked to a few people who were training for Chicago - pretty exciting & inspiring. For a while on my run I picked up the pace to keep up with a girl who was running at a nice clip and making it look easy - it didn't feel easy to me, but it felt good & challenging and just what I needed. Made me realize I need to push it a bit more since I still had another feel good mile and a half in me. Anyway, I finally passed a 20mi mileage week for the first time in quite a while. Things are looking up and the weather is finally cooling down! PHEW!!
Last night my neighbor Joe came over for dinner and I made Pork Scaloppine with mushrooms in Marsala wine sauce. He had spaetzel from a German market & it was the perfect side. Joe is one of Gingers favorite people. I can't get around the block without her pulling me onto his driveway.
Tonite we're going to the local hangout/bar/restaurant Fishtales - live music outside at 8 and fireworks at dark. Looking forward to another fun evening. I think every weekend should be 3 days :)

No comments: