Wednesday, October 27, 2010
So Much to Say!!!
OMG so much has happened since I last posted that I almost don't know where to start.... well,,,let's see,,,I left the daycare finally!!!! One day I texted Frank and said I needed a new job, and he found me a new job!!!! (note to self,,,,if I'm talking outa my ass or just venting,,,, don't mention it out loud to frank) I'm now at The Ford Plantation - of all places!!!!! http://www.fordplantation.com/fordplantation/Index.aspx I went on my interview thinking I was NOT gonna get the job with no formal culinary education,,,,but I did!!!! Executive Chef Juan Carlos hired me as his new breakfast cook and I started work on 10/7/10. I still can't believe it!! I worked in the kitchen a bit before they started hot breakfast - apparently this is a pretty seasonal position. Lots of snowbirds. I kinda got my feet wet doing lunch - salads, prep, sandwiches for the market, and lotsa hours for special events. I actually worked a wedding before I officially started (maybe it was a test) and I had a blast!! OMG it was so much fun!!! I loved all the prep work, the appys, being a part of all the hustle n bustle was just a rush!!! so I gotta back up a second,,to the whole seasonal thing,,,,since it's so dang hot down here, most of the members only come down from like October to March or so....so there's a huge Homecoming Weekend the weekend before Halloween, then things stay pretty busy til springtime. Hot breakfast (in addition to continental) begins at this time. That's where I come in, or so I thought,,,,but it seems I'm doing a bit of everything!!! I'm coming in to help with lunch and doing bread with Shawn, the bread guy and one of the chefs. The Souz Chef, Derek pretty much does everything. I stay till they are under control for dinner & bread is shaped & baked off, then I'm outa there. Hot breakfast is now served on Friday - Sunday and there is a menu as well as Continental. I'm learning awfully quick that the menu doesn't mean much cuz I had a table of 6 come in and had to do omlets for all of them..yikes. Anyway, I gotta get some sleep now,,,working 10-10 tomorrow. The salad girl is off and there's a special private event so we're short handed for dinner. Makes for a nice paycheck :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment