Sunday, August 22, 2010

Welcome back...

Time to get off Facebook and do some blogging again. I really love my blog -and it's much more personal than fb - I just haven't been making time to write. I'm going to make a serious effort to keep it current. I've also made a serious decision about my marathon training....which has been almost non existent with the darn heat and humidity here!!! oh, so that decision is to actually START!! HA, not funny. I've been doing some treadmill running but not doing much outside. This morning I met my friend Diane at the park & did just shy of 7 miles. It was great getting back in the groove again. In case you didn't know I'm running the Sun Trust Marathon in Richmond VA on November 13th. Yeah, not too far off and I've only done a 7 mile lsd!!! Better get my act together now.
In other news, I've joined a book club at the library. We are reading Eat, Pray, Love - which I was gonna read now, but I'm doing this instead. The evening knit/crochet group kinda fizzled out once springtime rolled around along with all my knit/crochet projects. I'll be breaking them out again too. I've had more than enough summer now & I'm feeling that itch for jeans again (provided I can still fit into them). So anyway, once a month we will be meeting to discuss our book & to select the next one. I think I'm running out of hours in my day.
The best thing this summer has been Elizabeth & Kevin's visit with the girls!!! WE had more fun!!! I loved having them here even - although I was not at ALL prepared for them (of course I thought I was). I thought I had properly babyproofed - IS there such a thing???? They find EVERYTHING!! And they are faster than a speeding bullet....able to leap ANYTHING!! Superman's got nothin' on them!!! We blew bubbles and played in the pool everyday! Of course they had a different bathing suit for every day too. While they napped Elizabeth got to float around in the pool & relax. Alexis loved my tupperware cabinet & would watch us to see if we were looking, then make a beeline for the cabinet. So darn cute you just had to let her make a mess. Ginger giving Lexi kisses. The girls would put their arms up to shield their faces as they ran past her so they wouldn't get wet Ginger kisses.
Ginger was very sweet with the girls. They laid all over her, poked her eyes, pulled her ears - and she took it all.



We did manage to get downtown for a couple hours one morning, but it was just so hot we came home early - and jumped into the pool :) Lila got her first boo boo on the knee running in one of squares - Thanks alot Aunt Chrissie - although it seemed kind of appropriate that my Goddaughter got her first skinned knee on her first visit to GA to see her Aunt - right ?? Well, that's how I rationalized it....and it was only a little booboo.
The week before they came down I went blueberry picking with Gail - her dad has about 35 bushes on his property in Tillman SC. I promptly baked a blueberry pie to die for and made 2 batches of jam - most of which are already gone. Note to self,,,,make more jam. I've only got about 100 lbs of frozen berries in the freezer. I was very happy with this pie. It was delicious.

I think that's about all I can say right now. I'm sure more will come to me & I'll have to backtrack a little. I've got lots of photos to share, but blogger is just too time consuming. I'll have to think of another way to share them besides FB. I'll have to run that by Jim. That's all for now :)

No comments: