Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away....







What a suprise....after a beautiful day in the yard today, the rain has finally come - again. Yesterday's rain was completely insane - spectacular thunder & lightning!!! It was loud and scary enough to make me jump off the ground - no joke!!! This afternoon it's a nice easy rain.
I rescued this nasty looking spider from the pool earlier this afternoon when I realized her back was covered with babies!!! (Don't forget you can click on the photos to view them larger) Yes, those are tons of little baby spiders that will grow up to be as ugly as their mommy.

I finally got some pictures of my Swallowtail butterflies -- they have been flying away before I can get photos - but this morning I managed to get to them before their wings were completely unfolded and dry. I can't wait to tag my monarchs in the fall :) Yea, I know - I spend a lot of time in my private little wildlife refuge - I just can't help myself. It's very therapeutic. the cats were just eating/pooping machines. I had to keep buying parsley for them to eat since they devoured everything in my garden
Chrysalis stage...and waiting for many days......until finally, there are Swallowtail Butterflies.

I have beautiful lilies this year. I love this pink one. The frogs are having a ball with the pond this year - they just hang out and watch me when I'm feeding the fish - you can barely see them hiding in this umbrella plant, but there are 2 of them hiding in the pot.I didn't even see this one watching me until I was face to face with him - and he just looked at me - I'm sure he thought I couldn't see him. There are strings of eggs now, so we'll have tadpoles in no time.


Now it's time to go do dinner - eggplant rollatini - with eggplants from the garden of course. Bon Appetit !

No comments: