Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Time!


This morning was the Richmond Hill Garden Club's Pumpkin Patch. My friend Debby was the pumpkin lady this year.
I was at the bean bag toss. I think we had close to 400 kids at our booth - including a bunch of kids from the daycare too. Frank came up with Ginger, but I was so busy with the kids that I didn't get a picture of them.

Barbara is a pro at face painting which the kids just LOVE!
I'm going to practice so I can help them out next year - we could have used several more painters.


Last Saturday we hung out at Kevin Barry's for our friend Bill's birthday. It's an awesome Irish Pub right on River St. where they have live Irish music 7 days a week. Gabriel Donahue was playing - he was great. I just love all songs with audience participation!! We'll may go in tonite too & check out Harry O'Donaghue. Next time Elizabeth & Kevin come down we've gotta go there. I know Kevin will LOVE it. So would Marge. It's just a blast.
It's Oktoberfest weekend in Savannah so we'll be downtown this evening for some festivities. We start out with a 5K I'm running in for the Sav. YMCA. It should be a great run - around 5 squares and Forsythe Park, then finishing in City Market for adult beverages & refreshments :) The weather has been awesome & the race doesn't start til 6:20 pm. This is just a fun run for me. -- no PR's this time. After that we'll head down to River St. for the vendors, beer, music, beer, rides, food & yup beer. I'm sure there will be photos tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Congratulations Christine!!! 2nd place is awesome!!!! I enjoy reading your blog...you are always on the move!!!! hope to talk to you soon....JeanAnn