Saturday, September 27, 2008

Never Underestimate the Power of a t-shirt

This morning Frank & I drove into Savannah for a 5K I wanted to run. It was the 4th Annual Fair Fun Run. The Coastal Empire Fair comes to the fairgrounds in a couple of weeks. The weather was just perfect and I ran a 24:46. Not too bad. I wanted to be under 25 minutes so I'm happy with that... I did want a medal though....I'd have taken 2nd but they only gave out winner medals in each age group. --bummer I'll just have to run faster next time that's all :) Oh, for those of you who are math challenged like me --- that's a 7:58 minute mile - I must say I'm too proud of myself for running a sub 8 minute per mile pace!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY! and yes,,I got a T-shirt - navy blue which is nice since they are usually white.

Tomorrow we hit the park bright & early for 10 miles at least. I can't believe there are only 4 more LSD's before the half in Hilton Head. I'm looking forward to that. (http://www.fleetfeetsavannah.com/on-the-half-shell-1-2-marathon-and-5k) I think the entire run is on the hard packed sand on the beach which should be just awesome!!!! I'm really psyched! On our way home from the 5K we stopped at Fleet Feet & I got a new pair of sneakers since my other pairs have too many miles on them & my favorites are giving me black & blue toenails - one on each foot (yeah, TMI) Anyway, they fit me for a great pair of new sneaks. They have a treadmill with a camera set up on the floor so they can watch your form & stride on a TV & help fit you for the best sneakers. The Savannah Striders (local Sav running club) meet there @ 7am for a long run on Saturday mornings. I'd love to do that now that I'm really putting some miles in, but that means I gotta drive into Savannah...we'll see. There's a lot to be said for that whole running club/group encouragement/comradery thing - especially when you're looking at 15+ miles... Tell me again WHAT THE HECK I WAS THINKING?????????? OK, who am I kidding....
I'm totally psyched for it :)

No comments: