Elizabeth & Shelley have posted tons of pictures on Facebook of the girls which is great! I love the fact that now I can Skype with them - and the girls can SEE me. I'm so afraid they are going to forget me...it's been over 3 months and that's forever to them!!! I'm hoping to get back up there soon - although we are going to be together on the beach in the Outer Banks in July :) That will be here before you know it.
I've been busy in the yard as usual for this time of year. Yesterday I planted some grapes! I'm hoping Frank will build me a pergola in the back near my pond so they will create some natural shade for the pond. We lost the only tree that was making any shade back there & I'm having a real algae problem now. Got the grapes for $2 in the clearance section at Lowe's - couldn't resist even though I didn't know where I was planting them, or what they were climbing on. I also couldn't resist the Figs - we need a bigger yard LOL!!!!
We've been eating lots of lettuce, green beans, snow peas & bok choy from the garden. Started pulling out some of the peas to make room for my cucumbers. The peas started getting too tall & falling over even though we tied them up.
I finally finished the last section around the pool. No more slope. Got some snapdragons from work, free compost, and leftover 4X4's !!! After a couple hours of sweat equity.....TA DAAAH!! Looks much better now.
Of course I always have company out there. LOVE my froggies!! and of course Ginger follows me everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment