Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby It's COLD Outside!!!

I don't know what's going on down here, but it's colder in Georgia than it is in NY this morning and I'm NOT happy about that! My little pond is frozen on top and we've had to cover the plants for 2 nites in a row!! Looks like we'll continue to do the same for the next 4 nights I think. BBBRRRRrrrr! Frank went to work this morning with long johns on -- he hates the cold & he's redoing a house on the water where the heat isn't on cause no one is living there yet. Do I need to say he was none too happy this morning :( I do have to say at least "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas".
In other news, I ran the Savannah River Bridge Run on Saturday morning - temps were perfect!!! mid 40's at the start of the 5k and probably 50s by the end of the 10k. I ran the Double Pump again this year - gotta love THREE times over the bridge :)
My friend Diane was there taking pictures since she's sidelined with an injury right now. I really miss my running partner!
My friend Diane & I after the race.
Loren, Me & Colin
Mich Ultra was there to help us rehydrate after the run along with a bunch of volunteers who provided hot Brunswick Stew :) What a great morning, but it was soon time to head home to recuperate a bit before the evenings activities. -- The Richmond Hill Boat Parade.
We had a blast!!! Had a nice big crew this year - Dale & Nicole, Tristan, Layton, Kevin and JOE! He had the greatest time - all decked out with his Santa hat a heavy red Alaska coat.
Joe & Nicole
Our boat took 2nd place out of 13 and we got most spirited crew !!! YAY!! We were Santa's Sleigh on the
River - complete with Rudolph & one of his 8 buddies. Frank even rigged the reindeer legs to we could move them - it looked like they were flying across the water.....too cool!! Huge crowd appeal :)Rich and Gail were supposed to have their boat in the parade, but the starter went on him. They came and took pictures from the marina for us. Wish they could have joined us on the water though. There's always next year, and plans are already under way for the decorations and theme.

No comments: