Friday, November 27, 2009

mmmmm Apple pie :)


Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. I started my day with an 11 mile run - it was a beautiful morning & I spent a lot of my running time thinking about how much I have to be thankful for. Don't worry, I won't get all sappy on you, but I spent a lot of time reflecting on just how fortunate I am & that I need to remember that more often - not just on Thanksgiving.
Today I baked an apple pie - "the day after thanksgiving apple pie" - I didn't want to make it yesterday when I knew we wouldn't eat it. Today is a different story! I also made a loaf of banana bread ---- the eating frenzy continues....it's delish for breakfast toasted a bit with cream cheese :)
Tomorrow & Sunday we'll be putting up the Christmas lights and cutting down our Christmas tree. I'm looking forward to picking out and cutting our tree down. Rich & Gail are taking us to the place they go every year - should be fun & the weather is perfect - mid 60's like today. I need to get it done this weekend because next weekend is chock full of stuff already.

It's time to RUN, WALK OR CRAWL!!!! The 2009 Savannah River Bridge run is Saturday morning. I'm psyched! I'm doing the Double Pump which is 3 times over the bridge!!! yeah....sick. Last year I did the 10k and I survived - and thought the people who did the double pump were so cool that I had to do it!! I hope it's a nice day - the view is pretty cool from up there - not to mention a welcomed distraction since my legs are shot by the time I get to the top..... First I run the 5K which starts on Hutchinson Island (other side of the Savannah river) & comes over the bridge. As soon as I finish, I go to the 10K start which takes us thru historic downtown for 1.5 miles before heading over the Talmadge Mem Bridge - for the first of 2 more trips - peaking at 196 feet above the Savannah River with a 5.5% grade spanning 1.4 miles each way. Are you tired yet??? My chip time last year was 56:09 and I'm hoping to beat that this year since I know what I'm in for. Guess anything goes since I'm running DP this year, not just the 10K. Whatever my time, I'm psyched for it, and I'm looking forward to a fun run!!!!!

No comments: